Fulcrum Tactical instructors teach courses based on sound principles and real-world experience. This methodology promotes the thought processes behind the tactics as well as the techniques themselves. By teaching tactical principles, we promote one of the most important (yet overlooked) skills necessary for mission success and officer survival – the ability to THINK.
Principles are fundamental truths. Through scenario-based training and sound tactical doctrine, we help officers understand not just HOW but WHY and WHEN to use certain skill sets to make appropriate life-and-death decisions in aggressive environments.
- There is no one “magic tactic.”
- Tactics should place you in an advantageous position (i.e. avoid “the level playing field”)
- Mastery of multiple tools is better than mastery of one.
- Minimize OUR battlefield and overload THEIRS.
- Look for — and be ready for — the fight.
- If a space is worth clearing, then it’s worth clearing tactically.
- Training and tactics should be geared to the aggressive offender.
- Be able to make surgical shots as efficiently, effectively and as quickly as possible.
- More of OUR guns SAFELY in the fight is a good thing.
- Gear is good, but be able to function without it.
- Be aggressive enough — soon enough.
- All principles are useless without COMPETENCE and CONFIDENCE.